Defining a “Lead Capture Website”
Times have changed and the standard “Brochure” sites are no longer good enough to make a business gain customers. A brochure site is one that is there if the user finds it and presents a bit of information about your business, but has little to offer when it comes to a strong message for the user to take the next step, and very little in the way of effective marketing to bring prospects into the site. If you have a sales team that is cold calling and pounding the pavement every day maybe this will still lend the credibility you need, but your sales team will have to be on their A-Game to make it happen.
The better strategy is to build a Lead Capture Website.
Every business NEEDS an effective Lead Capture Site, which is one that actually drives traffic to the site and then has the necessary conversion tools to bring that traffic in as actual leads.
Not sure which type of website you have?
Then ask yourself a few questions:
~Are you getting enough leads from your website?
~What tools are you using to measure your traffic?
~What sources is that traffic coming from?
- Direct Traffic
- Email Marketing
- Organic Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click / Paid Search Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Local/National Directories
- Direct Mail
- Publications or Press Releases
- Affiliate Networks
- TV/Radio Commercials
VisionFriendly.com has been at the forefront of all the trends and changes in the way online marketing is done. We know what works and what doesn’t. We watch and test our customers’ websites to learn the best conversion tactics and then apply them in our ongoing marketing strategy meetings with our clients.
There are five secrets that will stand the test of time. Five facts about digital marketing and growing your business online that are sure to help as you expand your marketing plan now and 5 years from now.
- Quality over quantity: Aim for specific markets – If you dictate where (geographically or categorically) your traffic can see your search results and ads, you’ve removed a huge portion of the competition. They are right there, wanting you to reach out to them. So market to them, provide a value for their money, and give them the kind of customer service that tells them that they are your most important client.
- Start with analysis: If it isn’t measured it can’t be improved – Once you dictate where your traffic is coming from, you also will know the kinds of people who are following through and making purchases. You can then further fine-tune your lead capture site into something that produces even higher conversion rates.
- Exclusivity sells: Don’t be afraid to brag – If you offer your users a bargain, a sale, or a free add-on, they are far more likely to buy. Further if you can say that you are the price leader, or best quality or fastest return and then provide some backing to this claim they will be able to short-cut shopping around. Then you gain more loyalty of the customer as well (so long as you deliver).
- Keep it fresh: Make sure that your website is updated with new and exciting information or products. Plus, add content to showcase your organization as an expert in your field. This will not only make a more compelling case for your customers to convert, but it will ensure that the search engines keep coming back for more of your content to scan and promote to the front of the search results. Stagnant web content will usually see a steady decline on SEO.
- Keep It Simple: Don’t make them dig for what they are looking for – If you make it easy to request information and/or make purchases with as little confusion as possible, the users who come to your website will do so before they think up a reason to abandon their effort. So put the best sellers right up front and center, make those CTA buttons big and bold, and make the forms short and sweet!
A Lead Capture Website is a Better Strategy
Having a strategy for capturing your audiences’ attention and telling them your unique answer to WHY you are the best is essential if you want to drive leads to your business. Most estimates say that you have 3 seconds to gain interest and keep them on the site long enough to convert that traffic into actual leads that will produce sales, profits, and a dependable customer base.
If your business website is:
- Not getting enough leads.
- Not fully using the tools available to measure and analyze your traffic.
- Not continually climbing the search engine rankings.
Then you need to upgrade your site to a user-friendly, interactive, lead capture, marketing solution of a website. Sound’s hard, but it can be very enjoyable if you have the right team of professionals to work with.
If you are interested in using the power of the Internet to get you leads and grow your business, call the digital marketing leaders from VisionFriendly.com at 630-553-0000. One of our knowledgeable representatives will share more secrets for getting your business to where you want it to be.