Website Marketing Through A Well Crafted Message
I know, I know, good sales copy on a website, this is un-heard of. People don’t read on the Internet, they are simply looking for the next bug-eyed groundhog – right? This is a common misconception, the fact is that people are looking for whatever it is you are offering. They want to find you quickly, be assured that you do what you say and that you do it well. The difference is that people “read” very differently when they are at a computer or mobile device. You typically have a matter of seconds to get your message across rather than the slightly longer attention span you get if your customer is reading a brochure. All the more reason to invest time in crafting your message into a concise 4 points that you need to get Mr. Customer to understand before clicking on the next search result.
- An emotionally compelling idea – one big, unifying concept that pulls the sales argument together and (usually) expresses the product’s USP (unique selling proposition)
- A promise of irresistible benefits — how the product will help the prospect
- Proof of every claim made in the package
- Loads of credibility — for the product, the guru behind it, and the company selling the product
These are the 4 principals that Michael Masterson supports for any sales copy, but they become especially important for standing out among the crowd of competitors online.
- So get your site designed by a professional to establish credibility in the countless details that a custom website design will offer.
- Test your design on friends and family during the construction process by only showing the site design for 10 seconds max and then ask them what they noticed, or what tag lines stood out.
- Make sure that every page has as concise of a message as you can present and then a clear instruction of what you want the prospect to do next. Ask them for their business.
There is very little point in driving traffic to a website with poor design or message, and there is no point in having a terrific website design if no one finds it.
Design | Marketing | SEO – VisionFriendly.com