New Email Settings:
1) Open Thunderbird. Under Create new account click on the Email option.
2) The new email prompt will pop up. Click on ‘Skip this and use my existing email’.
3) Input your name, email address, and password associated with the email.
- Click Continue.
4) While attempting to configure click manual config or wait for the screen to expand with additional setup options.
5) Under the expanded configuration menu, start by changing the Incoming mail from IMAP to POP3.
- For the incoming server hostname fill in ‘pop.myvfmail.com’. We strongly recommend you use POP, but if you insist on using IMAP use hostname ‘imap.myvfmail.com’.
- Set the port number to 995 (use 993 for IMAP) and the SSL to SSL/TLS. Use the picture below for assistance.
6) For Outgoing settings, make the hostname ‘smtp.myvfmail.com’.
- Change the port number to 465. SSL would again be SSL/TLS.
7) In the username put your FULL email address in both the incoming and outgoing fields. Again use the picture below for reference.
8) After clicking Re-Test, you should get a notification that says ‘The following settings were found by probing the given server’. Click done afterwards.
9) Finally, select your account on the left hand side of Thunderbird.
- In the upper left hand corner, click on ‘Get Messages’. Thinderbird will start pulling down your email from the server.